General Loan Application Requirements
All loan applications must be in writing or online and should be acknowledged within seven (7) days of receipt thereof.
Applicants in the case of a limited liability company or partnership the enterprise must be incorporated/ registered in Kenya and in case of a natural person he or she must be a Kenyan citizen.
- The project/ business must be located in Kenya.
- The venture must be a tourism related enterprise
- The project should demonstrate commercial viability and technical feasibility.
- Project sponsors should be credit worthy and demonstrate capability to meet the terms and conditions of the facility. Project sponsors will be subjected to evaluation by Credit Referencing Bureaus.
All the requisite loan appraisal documents as detailed hereunder must be fully provided:
- A fully completed application form.
- Copy of the Certificate of Incorporation/ Registration of Business Name/IDs.
- Copy of Memorandum and Articles of Association / Partnership Deed.
- Copies of the I.D and P.I.N. Certificates of the proprietors/ directors
- Copy of the Company’s P.I.N Certificate.
- Copy of the Company’s latest Annual Return where applicable.
- Board Resolution to borrow.
- Bank statements for the last six months.
- Audited accounts for the last three (3) years and Management Accounts for the un-audited period for projects that are already in operation.
- Feasibility Study /Business Plan.
- An Environmental Impact Assessment Licence (to be provided before disbursement)
- Copy of the Title Document of proposed security free of encumbrances
- A valuation report from a valuer on the Corporation’s panel.
- Bills of Quantities report estimating the cost of the project accompanied by a draw down schedule for assessment by the Corporation prepared by a Quantity Surveyor on the Corporation’s panel.
- National Construction certificate
- Any other documents as deemed necessary by the Corporation.